2020 Mplus Workshop
LATENT VARIABLE MODELING WORKSHOP USING MPLUS
This 4 day workshop is designed for graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty in the behavioral sciences. My clients tend to need broad coverage of more advanced statistics and approaches that go beyond the typical training in graduate school. My approach is an applied, hands-on, and non-technical introduction to a variety of analyses using Mplus. Rather than an extensive coverage of statistics and formulas, my approach is for applied researchers who want to understand and apply contemporary analyses. There is also a focus on “tools of the trade” using Mplus including a focus on unique analysis features that promote best practices among SEM users. Note you must pre-register for this workshop and then you will be directed to SERVE, Inc. for payment. The registration form is available at the bottom of this page.
Space is limited!.
What is covered?
Latent variable modeling and introduction to Mplus
- Data management, Mplus commands and code
- Confirmatory factor analysis, path models
- Issues around missing data, power, outdated “golden rules”
Mediation and moderation
Latent class analysis
Latent growth curve modeling
Growth mixture modeling
Dyadic data analysis
- Designed for non-statisticians, knowledge of statistics is helpful, not required
- Recommended that you bring a WiFi-enabled laptop to the workshop with Mplus free demo program installed (from www.statmodel.com)
- Coffee and light breakfast is served each morning
- Lunch is on your own
- The workshop location includes a full kitchen for bringing lunch or drinks
- Option to order delivered lunch also available
Location, dates and times, pricing
SERVE Gateway Campus, 5900 Summit Ave., Greensboro, NC
May 18 to 21, 2020, 9am to 3pm each day.
Fee for students is $700
Fee for faculty/staff is $750