Introduction to Latent Variable Modeling with Mplus
2018 Intro to LVM Online Workshop
$600USD for professionals
$500USD for Students
Three Day workshop
July 24th, 25th and 26th 2018
All times are Eastern Standard Time zone (New York) in the USA
What is covered?
- Day 1 we will cover:
- What are latent variables, what is SEM?
- What are the advantages to using SEM and latent variable approaches?
- Why do I need to learn this stuff?
- Technical issues related to model specification, identification, fit and modification
- Day 2 we will cover
- Measurement issues
- Reliability, method effects, attenuation due to unreliability in path models
- Full structural models, path modeling
- Day 3 we will cover
- Mediation/indirect effects
- Power, sample size, and other issues (i.e., outdated “golden rules”)
- Each day we will discuss how to use Mplus, go over many examples, and I provide a share folder with data, syntax, and helpful materials
- The focus is on learning new techniques to move your research forward, not statistics
Each day’s schedule
10 - 11:15 Information materials related to the analyses we will cover in the workshop (more passive learning by participants)
11:15-11:30 Break and Q&A (question/answer period)
11:30 - 12:30: Mplus Specific Content
12:30 - 1:00 Break and Q&A
1:00 - 2:00 Mplus demonstrations
- Syntax files
- Examining output
- How to actually do specific analyses
- Reading output and making sense of all the statistics
2:00 - 3:00 Practice and “lab” time
- For participants using their own data or using data I provide
- Running analyses on your own, fixing errors, guided learning
- Completing suggested exercises
What do people say about Andy’s workshops??
- It was really helpful to have the share folder so we can see how you wrote the code and refer to the files when running our own analyses
- Excellent for multiple levels of Mplus experience. As someone with zero experience, I was still able to follow along the slides, run analyses, and understand the output. I felt comfortable in the workshop even with experienced Mplus users as other participants.
- Thank you for explaining things well. I enjoyed the breadth of topics covered, and the personal attention that Andy gave to each person’s needs/data.
- I enjoyed that the powerpoint presentation was easy to follow. I also enjoyed the time we had for group work and one-on-one work with Dr. Supple.
- really great workshop! I've been using spss for years but I feel like I know how to use mplus just as well if not better after only a week
- Excellent workshop! I will tell others who are seeking a similar experience that this is the workshop to take. Well worth the effort, time, and money
- I now feel more comfortable and understand why I get told I could do “so much more” with my data
To register for this workshop, click on this link: Registration for Introduction to Latent Variables Workshop